Our GOALS, both personal and collective, through experiencing TRACE are to:
– Learn to read cultural (both visual and textual) renditions of common human themes such as: charity, compassion, joy, beauty, sorrow, suffering, life, death, strength, defeat, valor, justice, free will, and the ethical balance between virtue and vice.
– Learn to understand these themes within the context of a professional future. For many participants this means a future in healthcare.
– Learn to critically analyze and contextualize these themes within historical time and place. Furthermore, while evaluating them as temporal and/or eternal virtues, reflect on lessons gained and the relevance of these virtues today and into the future.
– Learn how best to express our progressively transformed thoughts, both in writing as in dialogue, by creating cogent arguments that along with our own, also incorporate the ideas and thoughts of fellow pilgrims on the program: peers, elders, fellow students, professional students, faculty, professionals.
– Receive constructive and applicable feedback from expert and seasoned professionals.
As you strive to clearly define career interests and explore your potential for professional accomplishment, this program will assist you by fostering growth (while providing ample feedback) in useful personal skills and qualities such as
– sensitivity to cultural diversity leading to more authentic intercultural understanding and competency
– creativity, insight, flexibility, and adaptability leading to productive team work and idea development
– humility, openness to new ideas and open inclusiveness leading to new pathways for global collaboration and partnerships